I love paisleys. To prove it, here is a picture of the rug in our family area.
We remodeled our home probably about 8 years ago. This is the rug I bought. I loved it then and I still love it now! You could say that today's card was inspired by the rug. Here it is!
This card was also inspired by the new In Colors Fresh Fig and Tranquil Tide and a little of the Eastern Palace Suite. Here are all the details.
- The base of the card is the lovely Tranquil Tide. You might have noticed that I keep using the Tide and Fresh Fig together. They just seem so regal. The measurements are 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The Fresh Fig layer is 4 x 5 1/4. Here's a hint. Cut out the pieces from the center of this paper using the Paisleys Framelits before you adhere. You'll save paper just in case you are interested.
- The next layer is Very Vanilla measuring 3 3/4 x 5.
- The patterned paper is from the Eastern Palace Suite. You can get it now in a bundle. Otherwise, you will have to wait until June! The piece at the bottom measures 2 x 3 3/4 and the thin piece is 5/8 x 3 3/4.
- It's a little hard to see, but the sentiment is from Window Shopping. Rub with the Embossing Buddy and stamp on the thin piece with Versamark, added gold embossing powder, and heated to melt.
- Cut more paisley pieces out of Tranquil Tide. Adhere the pieces to the top 2/3 of the vanilla.
- Add the larger patterned paper to the bottom of the card. Then add the thin piece with the sentiment.
- Add a bow 1/4 inch Natural Trim with glue dots.
There are more cut outs on the inside of the card. The saying is from Paisleys & Posies.
I am in love with the new In Colors. Tranquil Tide and Fresh Fig just might be my favorites.
Want to make this card? The supplies are listed below and will take you right to my online store!Product List