Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge #458. Today's challenge is a color challenge.
We are using Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, and Night of Navy. Watermelon Wonder and Mint Macaron will be going away May 31st. They are part of the out going In Colors. This is a last hurrah for these colors. In fact, to be honest, I had already put them away. Here's my card.
I am using a new stamp set called Ribbon of Courage. It was created by my upline Patty Bennett in celebration of passing one million in sales! It is in the new catalog! You can get it starting June 1st.
- The base of the card is Mint Macaron measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The Night of Navy layer is 3 3/4 x 5.
- The Watermelon Wonder layer is cut at 3 5/8 x 4 7/8.
- Last, we have a layer of Whisper White measuring 3 1/4 x 4 1/2.
- For this card I made my own background paper. This is a red rubber stamp set. I will tell you that I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. If you look closely, my work certainly is not perfect. It works anyway, I think. I like it. I started with the row of large watermelon hearts at the bottom. Next add the navy flowers. Then add in the mint hearts. I just repeated from there.
- The sentiment is also from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set. Stamp in navy on Whisper White. Cut out using the Layered Circles Framelits. Cut the next size up in Night of Navy. Adhere together and then attach to the card with dimensionals.
The inside of the card has some of the design from the front at the bottom. The sentiment is from Ribbon of Courage.
This is a great card for any occasion. Somehow it gives me the feeling of the 70's.
Thanks for stopping by today. I have another great card tomorrow. Please come back and take a look.