Good morning! My card today features Artistically Asian and items from the Eastern Palace Suite. I thought they should go together nicely. I really love how this card turned out. I also noticed that the SUO Challenges #174 encouraged the use of Watercolor Paper, so I thought I'd enter this card in that challenge. Here's the card.
I'm just loving the new In Colors. The Fresh Fig is just so rich. It pairs so nicely with the gold. Well, here are the details on how to make this card.
- Start with a card base of Fresh Fig. Cut it to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and score at 4 1/4.
- Now I must admit that at first I was not impressed by the Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers. Simple, it's because I had not seen them. They are fantastic. You get two each of two different designs. I warn you, they really stick so be careful. Stickers are placed strategically on the card. You might want to lay the gold foil piece on your card to help with that.
- The 3/4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of gold and vanilla patterned paper is from the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper. I always use my grid paper to help me get strips like this straight on my card.
- The piece of gold foil is cut 3 x 3 1/4.
- The Watercolor Paper is cut 2 3/4 x 3. Use the Soft Suede, Fresh Fig, and Tranquil Tide markers to color in the stamp from Artistically Asian. Spritz the stamp a couple times with water and stamp on the Watercolor Paper. I like to hold it there a few seconds so the ink can absorb on the paper. Allow to dry. The hello stamp is stamped in Fresh Fig. This stamp is from the Eastern Beauty stamp set.
- Attach the Watercolor Paper to the gold foil with dimensionals and then adhere to the card.
- We can't leave out the Mini Tassels Assortment. I added a Tranquil Tide tassel. Tie some 1/4 inch Natural Trim in a knot through the ring. Use a glue dot to adhere to the Watercolor Paper. I had a hard time trying to decide between the Tranquil Tide tassel and the Fresh Fig one. Either would do.
Here's the inside of the card. The sentiment is from Eastern Beauty. The flowers were colored in with markers, but not spritzed.
I'm really proud of this card. Right now the Eastern Palace Suite is available to all of you as a pre order. You do have to purchase as a bundle.
This is the first bundle. In it you get the Eastern Beauty stamp set, the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper 12 x 12, Fresh Fig ink pad, Lemon Lime Twist ink pad, Tranquil Tide ink pad, and the Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers. You also get the new Very Vanilla Note Cards & Envelopes for free. All of this will be in the new catalog. You can get it now! The cost is $60.50 for the Eastern Palace Starter Bundle. The item # is 147196.
This is the second bundle available. You get the Eastern Beauty stamp set, the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper, the Eastern Fold Vinyl Stickers, The Eastern Palace Cardstock Pack (8 Fresh Fig, 8 Tranquil Tide, and 8 Dapper Denim), Mini Tassels Assortment, Lemon Lime Pad, Tranquil Tide pad, Fresh Fig pad, and the Eastern Medallion Thinlits. For free you get Very Vanilla Medium Envelopes and the new Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock. The cost is $103.50 for the Eastern Palace Premier Bundle. The item # is 147207.
These bundles are available until May 31st. How can you refuse? I did not use the thinlits on this project, but they are phenomenal!
Click here to see the flyer. Download Eastern_Palace_Flyer_NA