It's not that easy coming up with cards for my blog when I feel that my mojo is gone. Once in a while the ideas come. Lately, not so much. I did get a few new sets lately (new to me anyway) and that has helped. One of my new sets is Better Together. It was in last year's catalog. I didn't want to get it until I knew it would be carried over. This set has some great sayings that can be paired so that you have something for the outside and the inside of the card. There is one flower with the set and that's what I chose to feature.
You are going to want all of the new In Colors for 2017-2019! Today I am using Berry Burst. Isn't it lovely! If you are a Stampin' Up! demo, you can order it now! Want more information? Contact me.
- The card base is Berry Burst card stock measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. Score at 4 1/4.
- The next layer is Whisper White. It measures 3 7/8 x 5 1/8.
- There's another Berry Burst layer that is 3 3/8 x 4 5/8.
- The last layer is the gold dots from the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper. It measures 3 1/4 x 4 1/2.
- The sentiment is embossed with the Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. Just stamp using the Versamark pad on to Whisper White card stock. Use a dry paint brush to brush away any stray powder before you heat with the Heat Tool. Use an oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies to cut out the sentiment.
- The flowers were also embossed with gold. Stamp with Versamark on Watercolor Paper. Emboss. Using the Aqua Painter and the ink from the lids of the Berry Burst and the Lemon Lime Twist pads, paint in the flowers. Allow to dry and then you'll have to fussy cut them out. I used a total of 8 flowers. Some are on the inside.
- Attach the flowers with a combinations of glue and dimensionals. The oval was added with dimensionals. So the flowers were glued on top of the oval and dimensionals were put where the flowers spill over onto the card.
The sentiment for the inside of the card was also embossed in gold. Glue the flowers in place.
The gold dotted paper is one of those specialty papers that is really hard to cut. I do think it was perfect for this card. You just can't go wrong with a little gold at a wedding, can you.
As I write this post the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper is still on the Retiring List for just $7.80. That's a great bargain. Just click below to go to my store. I would love to have your business! Thanks for stopping by today.Product List