Stampin' Up! had the OnStage events this past Saturday for demonstrators. I went to Savannah, GA with 4 others from my team. What fun! We rented a Sprinter van and went down from NC with 10 of us all together. My sweet husband John volunteered to be our driver. We played Stampin' Bingo on the way down with prizes supplied by my upline Patty Bennett. Thank you Patty. We had so much fun!
Of course swapping cards was part of the weekend. We had a bus swap on the way down. Here is my card.
Making swaps for this time of year is a little hard to do. We are coming to the end of the Occasions and the annual catalog. In fact, we got to get our own copy of the new 2017-2018 annual catalog!!!!! Right now mum is the word. As a demonstrator, I want to have cards I can display for my customers. I want current projects to show. I took a chance on Paisleys & Posies. This set was in the Holiday catalog, but it was carried over and we can still order it. I took a chance that it would be included in the new catalog. Here is how I made it.
- The card base is Always Artichoke 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4. The Pear Pizzazz layer measures 3 3/4 x 5. The Whisper White layer is 3 1/4 x 4 3/4. Now if you are a seasoned maker of cards, you might realize that the measurement for the white is a little off. That's because I added the Copper Foil down the left side. The foil measures 1/2 x 4 3/4. Overlap the white so that 1/4 of the foil shows.
- But first, do your stamping on the white layer. I measured 1/2 inch from the left side and then 1 3/4 from left side. With a ruler make light pencil lines down the card. Use your grid paper to help. Use sticky notes to mark off the area inside the two lines. I sponged starting with So Saffron, then Pear Pizzazz, and then Always Artichoke. Get the artichoke close to all the edges. Remove the sticky notes carefully.
- Stamp the leaves from Paisleys & Posies as you wish in artichoke. Add the dots using the stamp set Timeless Textures. The dots are in Always Artichoke and Pear Pizzazz.
- Add the little bird from the Birds & Blooms Framelit Dies from Copper Foil.
- You probably can't see, but I did flick Wink of Stella all over the card.
- The sentiment is from Bunch of Blossoms. Stamp in Versamark and then emboss in Copper Embossing Powder. Cut out using the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Add Copper Thread to the back and attach with dimensionals.
Here's the inside of the card.
So as we got closer to the Savannah OnStage, I started to wonder about my choice. There's no guarantee that Paisleys & Posies will be in the catalog. Of course, as I said, there's not a guarantee for much. I decided to make more swaps and this time I used Flourishing Phrases. Here is that card.
Besides changing the leaves, I used Gold Foil paper and Gold Thread. There was a question about the copper carrying over and I was running low.
So which card do you like best? And are you wondering how I did at guessing what might be in the new catalog?
It's too early to divulge that information. The Retiring List will be published today, Monday, April 10th at 3:00 EDT. Check it out to see. You can find it here after that time. Click on Retiring List.
Here are a few pictures of the Luv 2 Create team at OnStage Savannah. I'm sorry, I can't share any details yet! Want to know now! You can always join Stampin' Up! I'd love to have you on my team!