It's another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge #452. We have a color challenge this week. We are using So Saffron, Peekaboo Peach, and Sahara Sand.
These colors made for an interesting challenge. After making my card, I decided to make it a Mother's Day card. Of course you could put any sentiment you wish. Here is my card for this week.
For this card, I pulled out a stamp set I haven't used in a long time, Petite Petals. It also has a coordinating punch. So here are the details on how to make this card.
- The card base is Sahara Sand card stock measuring 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2, and folded. Stamp around the outer edges of the front of the card using Sahara Sand ink and Petite Petals. I thought this added some interest to the card.
- The So Saffron layer is 3 1/4 x 4 1/2.
- The So Saffron diagonal stripe paper, 3 1/8 x 4 3/8, is from the Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack.
- The basket is cut from Sahara Sand card stock using the Basket Builder Framelit Dies. The intricate layer is sponged with Sahara Sand and then layered on the solid basket.
- Stamp 9 flowers in Peekaboo Peach on the same color card stock and punch these out with the Petite Petals punch. Three of the flowers will go on the inside of the card. Put yellow centers in the flowers from the Subtles Enamel Shapes. The flowers inside have small So Saffron card stock centers.
- The leaves are cut using the Flourish Thinlits. They are on a stem of five leaves. Cut them apart. You will need to cut two of these so you'll have leaves for the inside of the card.
- Cut part of a Lace Doily and sponge it with Sahara Sand ink.
- Glue down the doily and place the basket at the top of it. Arrange your flowers and leaves. The flowers at the back are glued down and the ones on front are adhered with dimensionals. Leaves are glued.
- Stamp the sentiment from Oh So Succulent in peach on Whisper White scrap. Punch it out using the Classic Label Punch. Punch out another shape from the subtles stack. The flowers are on the back of the diagonal paper.
- Finish it all off with a bow of Linen Thread.
Here is the inside of the card. The sentiment here is from Dragonfly Dreams. Let's hope our mom's do have a special day.
These colors do combine to make a lovely card. My list of products follows. Please order anything you need. I would appreciate it! Thanks for stopping by today.Product List