It's the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge once again. Today we have a great sketch.
I have to admit, I'm a little bit giddy about my card! Do you know that feeling when a card comes together just like you imagine and maybe even a little bit better? It doesn't happen often, not to me anyway. I positively love my card! I hope you do too!
First of all, let me tell you that this card stock is new! It's one of the new 2017-2018 In Colors and is called Tranquil Tide. Yes, I'm a green girl. I think this green is just lovely. Did you see the copper with this green? Classy and elegant! That's what it is. I'm really not tooting my own horn. The stars just aligned.
- The Tranquil Tide card base is cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- For this card I went to the wonderful Butterfly Basics stamp set. It made the cut and will be in the new upcoming catalog! Using Versamark stamp the honeycomb texture down the left side of the card front. Of course you need to use your Embossing Buddy first. Use the Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder and the Heat Tool to set this.
- Stamp the flower from Butterfly Basics in Tranquil Tide on a piece of 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 Watercolor Paper.
- Using the Aqua Painter color in the leaves of the flower. Be very careful that the pen is not using a lot of water. Keeping a little piece of paper towel close by can be very helpful. Do not do anything with the flowers.
- Using Soft Sky and the Aqua Painter color in the area around the flower. Be very careful. Squeeze the lid of the pad down to get extra color in the lid. Once again, try not to get everything too wet. I painted close to the stamped image, but tried not to touch it. If you do, the colors will run. Pull the color out toward the edges of the paper.
- The sentiment is from the new stamp set Eastern Beauty. Stamp in Versamark, use the copper powder, and then the heat tool.
- Use the framelits from Bold Butterfly to cut the butterfly from Whisper White. Cover with Versamark, copper powder, and heat. After I did this, I realized that I could have just cut the butterfly from the Copper Foil Sheets. Somehow, I feel my butterfly is a little more artistic! Attach the butterfly with a dimensional.
- You'll probably need to adhere the watercolor paper with Fast Fuse.
- The ribbon is the new 1/4" Copper Trim. I made three little knots and adhered with glue dots.
The inside sentiment is from the new Eastern Beauty stamp set. Stamp in Versamark and emboss with the copper powder. Stamp the flower in Tranquil Tide.
If you love the magic of heat embossing, you'll love making this card! Thanks so much for stopping by. The product list is below. Remember that the Eastern Palace suite will be available for pre order beginning May 1st. Click on any product to go to my store.