Does it happen to you? You have this beautiful specialty paper with glimmer or shiny spots. You know, something special. I have such a hard time cutting this paper. I keep thinking that the paper needs a super special project. I can never think of anything that would live up to the paper. Well, guess what, the paper makes the project special. Use it! I'm preaching to myself! I took the plunge and cut the strawberry and cherry shiny paper from Tasty Treats! I realize that my design is simple, but the project is special! Here's my card!
Somehow the Basket Builder Framelits got in there! What can I say? I might be addicted.
- The card base is Chocolate Chip card stock measuring 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2, and folded.
- The Watermelon Wonder card stock layer measures 3 3/4 x 5.
- The cherries and strawberries shiny paper from the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper pack is cut at 3 5/8 x 4 7/8.
- A strip of paper from the same pack is 3/4 x 4 7/8.
- For the focal point, start with a Whisper White circle cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits dies. It's not in a catalog but you can order it. Just ask me or click on the image below.
- Cut a detailed basket from Chocolate Chip and a plain basket from Watermelon Wonder and glue them together.
- Now get out those snips and cut out cherries from more paper. I glued the basket down and then added the cherries on top. I left a little room to slip some of the cherries just a little below the basket.
- Add a Linen Thread bow.
- The sentiment is from Tasty Trucks, a Sale-a-Bration item. Stamp it in Chocolate Chip on a 1/2 inch piece of white. Notch the end and add another cherry at the other end. Glue the end with the cherry to the circle and put a half dimensional at the notched end.
For the inside, the sentiment is from the Cool Treats stamp set. Add some cherries inside with the same stamp set.
I actually think that the simplicity of the design showcases the great specialty paper, don't you? This card wouldn't have to be for a birthday. Anyone would like wishes for a great day! I do love how this turned out. In fact, I'm going to make more of them. I still have some of that great paper left! Cut it!
DID YOU SEE THAT THE TASTY TREATS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER HAS BEEN ADDED AS A FREE ITEM FOR SALE-A-BRATION!!!!! Use the #147364 to get it for free with you $50 order! Click below to go to my store!