It's time for another Color Fusers Blog Hop. Today we have a wonderful slate of colors for you!
We'll be using Mint Macaron, Peekaboo Peach, Watermelon Wonder, and Wild Wasabi. These colors remind me of spring. I love spring! Here in North Carolina, we experienced a very warm February. Some of the trees are already starting to come out. We have flowers! But it's all a little scary. Sometimes March is our snowiest month. In fact, as I write this post, it's snowing in our mountains in the higher elevations. Back to my card.
Now this card does make me think of spring. It features the Falling Flowers stamp set and the May Flowers Framelits Dies. Here are the details.
- My card base is Thick Whisper White card stock measuring 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2 and folded. I'm so happy that we have the Thick Whisper White. It's lovely.
- The Watermelon Wonder layer is 3 x 4 1/4. The Peekaboo Peach patterned paper measures 2 7/8 x 4 1/8. It's from the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper.
- All of the elements added to the outside of the rectangle are stamped in Archival Basic Black ink on Watercolor Paper. I colored them by pressing the lid down on a closed pad of ink, opening it, and painting with the color in the lid. I used the Aqua Painter. I used the Falling Flowers stamp set. Cut out with the coordinating May Flowers Framelits Dies. This was so much fun! It is a little labor intensive, but I love the results. Some elements were glued directly to the base of the card and others were adhered using dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from the stamp set Sunshine Sayings. Just stamp on Whisper White scraps in black and trim them with your snips.
- I used some of the sprinkles from the Sprinkles Embellishments in the Occasions catalog for the largest flower. Pick out the Watermelon Wonder ones!
For the inside of the card, add another flower.
I really do like this card. My first card used card stock. It's pretty too, so I want to share it.
I added sponging to these elements. The designer paper is also from Tasty Treats Specialty. Which one do you like best?
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Please continue on the hop. You are sure to be inspired! My list of products used follows the list of blog hop participants. Click on any product to go to my online store.
Color Fuser Blog Hop
- Patty Bennett
- Jason Loucks
- Heather Osborne
- Paola Phillips
- Jo Anne Hewins You are here.
- Melissa Kerman
- Robin Messenheimer
- Pat Ertman
- Debbie Henderson