It's another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge with the sketch below.
I'm using the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper and the Weather Together Bundle. April will be here soon. Let's just say I'm getting ready for April Showers!
Here are the details for making this card.
- The card base is Basic Black card stock cut at 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2.
- All of the patterned paper for this card comes from the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper. The Melon Mambo printed strip of paper is 1/2 x 4 1/4. Hint: I always use my grid paper to help me adhere strips of paper like this straight on a card.
- The gold dot paper is the specialty part of this package. The dots have a beautiful gold metallic sheen. This layer measures 3 1/2 x 4 3/4.
- For the insert at the bottom of the page, cut basic black 2 1/2 x 3.
- A layer of Whisper White measures 2 3/8 x 2 7/8.
- The black zigzag patterned paper measures 1 1/4 x 2 3/8.
- Use the Umbrella Weather Framelits Dies to cut an umbrella and a handle from the designer series paper. Attach these with dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from the Weather Together stamp set. Stamp it in Basic Black Archival ink. Notch the ends. Put half dimensionals on each end and straddle it over the handle of the umbrella.
The sentiment inside the card also comes from the Weather Together stamp set. Stamp three clouds on scrap white and cut them out with the Umbrella Weather Framelits. Adhere to the card. I added another strip of patterned paper along the bottom 1/2 s 4 1/4.
I'm noticing from the picture that the strip of pink does not look even. It's the way the picture is taken. Once again, use your grid paper to help you adhere strips of paper evenly.
This designer series paper lives up to its name. It does give a pop of color. Order yours today! And, don't be afraid to cut that specialty paper! Click on an icon below. By the way, the Weather Together Bundle will save you 10%! Thanks.