I'm so excited to join the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge as a new design team member! I'll get to share with you every week! I'm so flattered! This week the challenge is a color challenge. We are to use Smoky Slate, Pool Party, and Early Espresso. How fun!
I turned to my designer series paper and was drawn to the pretty Pool Party checks in the Tasty Treats Specialty paper from the Occasions catalog. Here is my card.
- Start with a card base of Early Espresso measuring 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2, and folded. Use your bone folder to get a good crisp fold.
- The Smoky Slate layer measures 4 x 5 1/4.
- The designer paper layer is cut at 3 7/8 x 5 1/8.
- Using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, cut the largest circle from Whisper White.
- The flower is from the Stylish Stems Framelits. This flower is a little different. Use the flower shape to cut from Pool Party card stock. It's just going to cut out the inside of the flower. There is a shape to use to place around the flower to complete cutting it out. Use that same framelit to cut a flower from the Tasty Treats paper. Now here is a tip: you can cut the flower shape from the patterned paper layer cut above. Just make sure that you cut it in the space that will be under the white circle.
- Glue the Pool Party flower outline to the patterned paper. I cut another flower from a scrap of Early Espresso and used the center to add to my flower.
- The Early Espresso leaves and the Smoky Slate dotty stems are added behind the flower. Dotty stems is all I can think of to call these. What are they?
- The circle is attached using dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from the stamp set You're So Sweet. Cut the words apart and adhere with dimensionals, too.
I like to finish the insides of my cards. The greeting is from the So In Love stamp set in the Occasions catalog. The design at the bottom is from the Flourish Thinlits.
Thanks so much for joining me today. If you are new, I post every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Come back and follow me on Pinterest here. My list of products follows. Click on a product to go to my online store.