The Southern Belles met again last night. Of course we had to have a swap. We had decided to make our cards with a color we think should retire. There's been some talk that this could be the year that Stampin' Up! could do a little bit of a color shake up. We don't know for sure, but it's fun to think about. I chose Wisteria Wonder as the color I think should retire. I'm not a purple person so that could have influenced my choice. My card was influenced by Janet Wakeland. Here's the card.
- The card base is Elegant Eggplant measuring 4 1/4 x 11, score at 5 1/2 and fold in half.
- The Wisteria Wonder layer is 4 x 5 1/4.
- Use the Star Blast Edgelit Dies to cut out 2 of the shooting stars. Put one at each end of the card.
- The banners are cut using the Regals Designer Series Paper Stack. I chose the Elegant Eggplant color. Each banner is 1 1/2 x 4. Notch the ends using the Triple Banner Punch. I did cut by looking at the back and pushing the paper in just far enough to notch so I didn't waste paper.
- The Whisper White banner is 1 1/4 x 4 and notched. I did use dimensionals to adhere this part. The sentiment is from the Birthday Blast stamp set. I used a few of the stars that were cut out when making the star blast to decorate the banner.
- Add a bow of Elegant Eggplant Solid Baker's Twine.
Finish off the inside with a few more stars around the birthday sentiment. It's also from the Birthday Blast stamp set.
This is a quick and easy card using the Birthday Blast bundle. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. The product list follows. Just click on any of the products to go to my online store. I'd love to be your demonstrator!