The Nailed It stamp set and the Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper are perfect for each other! Add in the Build It Framelit Dies and you can't lose. That's what I did with today's card. We made this card in class last time, but I did change up the sentiment. Sometimes it's hard to think of a get well card for a guy. This one works well. Works. There might be a little pun there.
- Start with a card base of 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, score at 4 1/4, and fold.
- Cut two pieces of Urban Underground pattered paper at 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. Use different patterns and adhere at each end meeting in the middle.
- The ruler across the middle of the card is on a 1/2 inch wide Silver Foil Sheet. The die is in the Build It Framelits Dies. Trim to fit on the card.
- The Stitched Shapes Framelits were used to make the Very Vanilla oval. I think I must use these framelits on every card I make!
- Stamp in Delightful Dijon using the Playful Backgrounds stamp. Stamp some nails and screws around the outer areas. I used Basic Black Archival Ink.
- For the saw, piece together silver foil and Delightful Dijon. Just stamp in archival black on each and cut out with the coordinating die. Trim the dijon and glue it to the foil.
- Cut one of the Lace Doilies in half. Sponge it black and adhere it to the back of the oval. Glue it all to the lower right hand side of the card.
- Add some additional screws and a bolt cut in silver foil.
- For the sentiment use the stamp set Labeler Alphabet. This is the first time I think I have used this set. It was fun. I will be using it again. It's a great way to say anything you wish. I stamped on vanilla and just cut out each word.
Here's the inside of the card. It's stamped using Playful Backgrounds and Nailed It.
I think this is a great card. I'm especially happy to have discovered the usefulness of the Labeler Alphabet stamp set. It was a jewel in hiding!
Thanks for reading my blog today. Let me remind you that we are in the last few weeks of Sale-a-Bration. Items are now on a while supplies lasts basis. The tin is no longer available. I don't want you to be disappointed, so get those orders in right away. Also remember that the 2015-2017 In Colors will retire at the end of May. Those are Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, Cucumber Crush, and Delightful Dijon. People will buy these up quickly once they realize. Some are already on the back order list. Buy your card stock, ink pads, ink refills, 12 x 12 assortment packs, Designer Series Paper Stacks, envelope paper, markers, and doilies now! Click here to go to my store. The product list follows. You can also click on any item to go to my online store.