Last week a local demo group, the Southern Belles, met for our monthly get together. We usually swap cards. This time we fantasized about a Stampin' Up! color change and colors we felt should retire. Mind you, we do not know that there will be a change. Stampin' Up! does it every 3 to 5 years. I think it's been 4, but I'm not positive about that. This card was made by Kaye Owenby. She is one of my downline and very talented. She thinks Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango should retire. Here is her card.
Kaye won the set Swan Lake at the Atlanta On Stage. We do love free stuff! But I don't think this set has been very popular. I do love what Kaye has done with it. Here are the details.
- Start with a card base of Tempting Turquoise 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, score at 4 1/4 and fold.
- The Whisper White layer is 4 x 5 1/4. Here's a hint: Cut your Whisper White oval from this layer before you adhere it. Kaye used the largest oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
- The Tangerine Tango dots paper comes from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack. It measure 3 3/4 x 5.
- Stamp the scene on the oval with Basic Black Archival ink. I think Kaye used an Aqua Painter or Blender Pen to color in the scene. Press down the lid of the pad and get ink there for your pallet. Add some of the white sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment with glue dots.
- Use the Layering Ovals Framelits for the scallop oval. They pair so well with the Stitched Shapes.
- Use half of a doily and gather it at the bottom of the oval. The one Kaye has used is retired, but we have the Delicate White Doilies in the annual catalog and the Lace Doilies in the Occasions catalog.
- The ribbon used is the Solid White Baker's Twine.
- The sentiment is stamped in black on turquoise paper and notched.
- Both the sentiment and the oval are attached with dimensionals.
Here's the inside of the card.
Sometimes it's hard to make a card using one set, but Kaye did it. I think it's one of the best cards using Swan Lake that I've seen. Kaye is a very creative card maker! Thanks so much for letting me share your card.
Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my blog today. I know you are busy! Check out the list of supplies needed below and feel free to click on any of them to go to my online store. I'd love to have you as a customer! See you next time.Product List