Sale-a-Bration is here! You can get a free item for every $50 you spend from any catalog! Just look at all the choices in the Sale-a-Bration Brochure. Don't have one? Contact me! Today, I'm using the stamp set Avant-Garden. This is a pretty set for the flower lover. That's me! Here is my card.
- Start with a card base of Elegant Eggplant measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.
- The Whisper White layer is 4 x 5 1/4. Using the Stitched Shape Framelits cut the largest oval from the center of the white layer. This may seem strange, but it's a great way to save paper.
- Cut a scalloped oval from Elegant Eggplant that will fit behind the white oval using the Layering Ovals Framelits.
- Using the stamp from Avant-Garden that is meant for the center of the flower, stamp to make a background on the white layer. Pay no attention to the big hole in the middle. Adhere to the card base.
- Using the Regals Stampin' Write Markers, Garden Green and Elegant Eggplant, color in flower stamp for the center of the oval. Use direct marker to stamp. Use the side of the marker tip and not the point, please.
- Adhere the white oval to the eggplant scallop oval. Using dimensionals, adhere the oval to the center of the white layer over the hole. The extra scallop will completely cover up that there is a hole back there!
- The banner is stamped from the Badges & Banners stamp set. Use Elegant Eggplant ink onto Whisper White. Punch out with the Duet Duo punch. I used dimensionals on this too. If you are concerned with be able to mail this card, you might want to just glue it on.
- Add a bow using the Solid Elegant Eggplant Baker's Twine.
The inside of this card uses a set from the Occasions catalog called Big on Birthdays. These stamps are big! Did you know that you can put both of these stamps on one block to stamp? Oh, yes.
The Avant-Garden stamp set does have a great birthday greeting in it if you are trying to keep the supplies down. This card is a simple one to make. Thanks for your visit to my blog.