Last spring, the occasions catalog had the most wonderful framelits that paired with the Botanical Blooms stamp set. The Botanical Builders Framelits are just fantastic. I'm so glad they carried over into the 2016-2017 annual catalog. With all the new products available to use, my botanical framelits have been a little ignored. Now that's a shame. They are a perfect match to go along with the Sale-a-Bration FREE item Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper. Here is my card for today.
I ended up covering the card base with the Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper. I was going to have a plain white border, but it did look plain. I thought this looked much better.
- Use Whisper White Thick card stock. It's cut 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2, and folded. Cover the entire front with a piece of the Inside the Lines paper. This is cut 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. If you use glue instead of tape, you get a little more give to the paper and can move it some if needed. I'm speaking from experience here.
- The Cherry Cobber card stock is cut at 3 3/4 x 5. The next layer of Inside the Lines is cut 3 5/8 x 4 7/8. I did use the same print, but you really would not have to do that. I just thought about that, interesting?
- The Botanical Builder Framelits were used to cut the parts of the flower. The leaves are in Old Olive and the flower is in Cherry Cobbler. Both are sponged. The center is Daffodil Delight. Cut two. I folded them in half and ruffled them up a little and placed them with a glue dot to make a whole circle.
- I got the Hello from the Hello You Thinlits. Cut from Cherry Cobbler. Now, if you are smart, you can cut the word and the flower from the base of Cherry Cobbler before you adhere the patterned paper. I did not do that, but I could have with a little more thought. You can benefit from my experience!
- The greeting on the front comes from the stamp set Birthday Blooms. Stamp in Versamark on Basic Black card stock. Use white bossing powder to cover the ink. Use your heat tool to melt the powder. I ended up cutting the words apart. I just liked it that way.
Here's the inside of my card. The sentiment is from the Sale-a-Bration stamp set Avant-Garden. The Inside the Lines paper measures 1 1/2 x 4 1/4. There's a 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Basic Black card stock attached before it's attached to the card.
I apologize to you Botanical Builders. I have ignored you and you have proved that you have your place. I think the problem is that Stampin' Up! has so many wonderful products. We can't possibly give them all the attention they deserve. That's why we are so lucky that there are so many great blogs to see.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I so appreciate it. I love sharing with you! My product list follows.