One of the most popular stamp sets in the 2017 Occasions catalog for Stampin' Up! is the Beautiful You set. I shared a card using this set here if you would like to check it out. Today's card also uses the paper piecing technique. This set lends itself so easily to this technique. Who doesn't want to play dress up? I loved paper dolls as a kid. Ah, the simple days.
- This card starts with a card base of Thick Whisper White card stock. Cut it 4 1/4 x 11, score at 5 1/2 and fold.
- The dotted Sending Love Designer Series Paper measures 2 3/4 x 5 1/2. A thin strip of Basic Black card stock (1/4 x 5 1/2) butts up against it.
- The Whisper White card stock insert measures 3 1/2 x 3. It has a black layer under it measuring 3 5/8 x 3 1/8.
- The woman is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink. Allow to dry a little. Stamp again on the Sending Love paper getting the dress and hat. When I cut this, I did cut the whole piece together including the hair. Glue this to your woman.
- Use the Watercolor Pencils to lightly color the skin with Early Espresso and blend with the Blender Pen. I also used the Bermuda Bay pencil to color in the puddle at her feet and blended.
- For the sun, punch a circle with the 3/4 inch circle punch in the middle of a sticky note. Adhere this so that the empty circle is where you would like the sun to be. Using a sponge dauber and Daffodil Delight ink, color in the circle. When you remove the sticky note, your sun will be just where you want it.
- Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black Archival ink.
- Add pieces of the Lace Doilies to the top and bottom of the insert.
- Adhere to the card front.
The greeting on the inside is from Beautiful You also. I added a strip of Sending Love paper to the bottom measuring 1 inch x 4 1/4.
There are so many possibilities for the Beautiful You stamp set. Search for it on Pinterest. Are you a follower of my Pinterest board? You can follow my original designs here.
Do you know that you can purchase the Beautiful You stamp set, Thick Whisper White card stock, Basic Black card stock, Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack, and the Lace Doilies and qualify for a free Sale-a-Bration item from the brochure? You'll need these to make this card. My product list is below. Thanks for reading my blog today!