Good morning! My friend Jane has ordered more Disney cards to send as a thank you for booking trips from her. She says her customers love the hand made cards. I wanted to come up with some new ideas, so this is what I made.
I'm going to talk about the Minnie sweater card first. I was inspired by all of the ugly Christmas sweaters I saw on Pinterest during the holiday season. I even had a sweater entry here for a birthday. I'm so glad that the Cable Knit Dynamic Embossing Folder has carried over.
- Start with a card base of Real Red 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, score at 4 1/4.
- You also need a piece of Read Red measuring 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. Cut at V at the top. Measure in 1 1/2 from each end and make a light mark. In the center measure down 1 inch and make another light mark. Connect the dots and cut. You might want to do this on the back so you don't have to worry about the marks.
- Minnie was made using Basic Black card stock. The head uses the 2 1/2 inch circle punch. It's retired, but I'm sure that the Layering Circles Framelits could also be used. The ears use the 1 3/8 inch circle punch. The Whisper White dots are made using the 1/2 inch circle punch. Just place them wherever you wish. Now run this piece through the Big Shot using the Cable Knit Dynamic Embossing Folder.
- Adhere a piece of Whisper White behind the V cut you made.
- The binding on the sweater is 1/2 inch wide Real Red. Using the Simply Scored Tool, score at every notch. Just cut these pieces to fit the project.
- The bow is made using the Bow Builder punch. The Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack is perfect for this. It's in the new Occasions catalog.
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card.
The next card uses a retired set from 2001. How many of you were stamping back then? Can you tell that I was! This stamp set is called Birthday Balloons. I usually use this set on the inside of Jane's cards, but this time I decided to feature it. It's really an easy card, but really cute. I'm sure this layout could be adapted to use with lots of other stamps.
This card uses lots of colors. They are Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo, and Basic Black Archival ink. Just stamp them anywhere you wish. I felt that the card still needed something, so I stamped the Thanks from the Sale-a-Bration stamp set Tasty Treats. It still needed something. I filled in the extra spaces with the dots from the Occasions catalog set Cool Treats. Add in the strings of the balloons using the Smoky Slate Stampin' Write marker from the Neutrals. The banner is 1 inch wide Whisper White. The sentiment is from Flourishing Phrases. The Bow uses the Real Red twine from the retired Candy Cane Lane duo pack. Adhere the banner with dimensionals.
The base of the card is Basic Black 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, score at 4 1/4. The Real Red layer measures 4 x 5 1/2.
Here's the inside of the card. Once again the retired set Birthday Balloons was used for the balloon. A string was added with a Black Stampin' Write marker. The sentiment is from the stamp set One Big Meaning.
I hope you'll try a sweater card and the layout for the balloon card. The small hot air balloon from Lift Me Up might be a good one to try. My list of products used follows. Thanks so much for stopping by.