My last post shared the set up for my Stampin' Bingo event. If you missed it, just scroll down and it should come right up. Today, I want to share one of the Make & Takes that we made.
I've seen a lot of gorgeous succulent pots made with the Oh So Succulent bundle. For my Bingo M & T, I needed to keep it simple. I did a lot of prep for this activity just to keep things running smoothly. They seemed quite pleased.
I got the pots from the Dollar Tree. They come 3 to a pack and stand 2 1/2 inches tall and have a 2 1/2 inch diameter at the top of the pot. When I got the pots, I wished they were a deeper more richer color. I sponged each one with Cajun Craze ink. This took a while for 17, but I do think it was worth it. I used Linen Thread to decorate the pot. I wrapped the thread around 3 times and tied it. I tied a bow and adhered it with a glue dot. Each pot is filled with Floral Foam cut in pieces, also from the Dollar Tree. I have seen that others have used a styrofoam ball cut in half. I think my way might be a little more cost effective. I then used the glue gun to adhere Reindeer Moss. Guess where I got that. Yes, Dollar Tree.
The flower is cut from Rose Red card stock and is sponged in Rich Razzleberry. I had the layers cut out and ready for each person to sponge. I cut 2 of the very largest size and we sponged them on both sides. Sponge just the edges around the outside. Don't worry about getting around each petal. I used 2 of the next size, then 1, then 2, then 1, then 1 as the sizes descend. Of course there is no right or wrong to the size and number of layers you use. Sponge the tips of each layer. No need to sponge the back for the rest of the layers.
Use your bone folder to curl up the petals on each layer. Be careful. If you do manage to pull off a petal, no one will ever know. Just keep going. You can always use your hands to help smooshe it all together a little more. I did say smooshe. The first layer will need to be adhered to the pot. We used straight pins. Build your flower up from there. Be sure to off set the petals with each layer. We used some dimensionals in the first couple layers and glue dots for the rest. The yellow in the middle is cut from the Botanical Builders framelits. Fold it up and adhere with a glue dots. Once it's all together, you may need to play with it until it looks just perfect. Thanks to Donna, my Master Gardener customer, for the advice on colors to use for my succulent!
My husband brought me the sticks to use in the pot. They are coffee stir sticks that he picked up in a hotel. He was so proud as he said I should be able to use them sometime. They have been waiting in a drawer waiting for me to use them. Aren't they perfect! The ovals are in Whisper White and cut using the Stitched Shape Framelits. The scallop oval is cut from Old Olive using the Layering Ovals Framelits. The sentiment is stamped in Rich Razzleberry and is from the So In Love stamp set. The flower is from Oh So Succulents. We made signs for both sides of the stick. Put the stick around the side of the pot so that the bow is in front.
Let's not forget the Lace Doily found on page 51 of the Occasions catalog. Each person took one home to adhere later so it would not get bent on the way home.
Here are a few pictures while succulents were being assembled.
I'm so glad you came by today. Next time I will share our next Make & Take. It's so cute. You don't want to miss it!