This is the 8th year. Every year I make Christmas cards for my husband to send to his tennis buddies (well, really to their wives!). It's one project I can check off my list for this year! Are you a list maker? Sometimes I think I waste a lot of time making lists. But I love the thrill of marking something off. The problem is that I can't stand a messy list. Thus, the wasting of a lot of time. Oh, well, here is a picture of the last 7 years just in case you want to see them.
Last year I had a post here about that card. I mentioned that I was running out of ideas and a wreath was suggested. So here is this year's card.
It features the Wondrous Wreath stamp set and matching framelits. This set is found in the annual Stampin' Up! catalog.
- Start with a card base of Crumb Cake measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4, and folded.
- Use the Hardwood background stamp and Crumb Cake ink to add a wood grain look to the card.
- For the patterned paper insert, use a layer of Cherry Cobbler cut at 1 1/8 x 4 5/8 and a piece of This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper, also in the annual catalog. This piece measures 1 x 4 1/2.
- The wreath is stamped on Very Vanilla card stock. Use Old Olive and Always Artichoke for the leaves and Cherry Cobbler for the berries. I will tell you that I used the MISTI to stamp this. It made it so easy since I was making 26 of these cards. Cut it out using the matching Wonderful Wreath framelits. The Magnetic Platform makes it so easy to cut these out. Attach the wreath with dimensionals.
- This tennis ball is not Stampin' Up! I found a stamp many years ago at a stamping craft show. It is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink on Daffodil Delight card stock. Punch it out with the 1/2 inch circle punch and glue them on.
- Add a bow of Cherry Cobbler from the Silky Taffeta Ribbon Combo Pace in the Holiday catalog. Since I was making so many of the card, I did run out of this ribbon. I finished up with the Thick Baker's Twine in Cherry Cobbler. That is now retired.
- The sentiment is stamped in Cherry Cobbler and is from the Wondrous Wreath stamp set.
Here's a picture of both of the cards.
For the inside, I used a sentiment from Wondrous Wreath stamped in Always Artichoke. The bow is from the stamp set Jar of Cheer and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler.
Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget the Year End Close Out Sale going on now! Click on the picture to go right to the sale on my online store!