Lori's birthday is on Christmas Day. Needless to say, her birthday does not get the attention it deserves. So our team decided to celebrate her birthday early. Lori is a fancy person. She likes bling and sparkle. Somehow, I went in a different direction. It might be because I just got the yet to be released Balloon Adventures and the Balloon Pop-up Thinlits dies. I got to order early because I went to the OnStage event. I've also seen the Christmas sweaters others have made using the Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Boy, that's a mouth full. I decided to make a birthday sweater. Because the card was for Lori, I had to pull out the Melon Mambo. She is also a brights person.
- The sweater is cut 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. To make the V neck I measured in 1 inch from each side of the top and made a mark. Then I found the middle and made a mark 1 1/4 inches down. Connect the dots and then cut out the V.
- I really hate to tempt you with these balloons. Do you see how cute they are? They won't be available until January 4th. Bummer. Now, if you are a demonstrator, you can order it December 1st. Want to join? Get in touch with me! I used Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, and Emerald Envy for the balloons. Fantastic dies! Use the circles left from the balloon dies to decorate the rest of the sweater. Oh, by the way, the die cut balloons fit perfectly on the largest balloon from the Balloon Bouquet punch. That's good planning!
- I adhered all of the parts to the sweater layer. I then embossed it all with the Cable Knit folder.
- The trim on the neck and bottom of the sweater is 1/2 inch wide. I scored it with the Simply Scored at every mark. I used Fast Fuse to attach this and trimmed to fit. Hint: Cut your paper 1" or 1 1/2 inches wide. Do all of your scoring. Then cut your paper into 1/2 inch strips.
- Behind the neck, I used a piece of the Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper cut at 1 1/2 x 3.
- All of this is adhered to a card base of Melon Mambo 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded. Use something strong like Fast Fuse or Tear & Tape.
Here's the inside of the card.
Happy Birthday to you Lori. Let me just mention that without Stampin' Up! I wouldn't even know Lori. Now that would be a shame. So, thanks Stampin' Up! Maybe you really should think about joining my team. I promise you that stampers are good people.Product List