Don't you just love the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set? I do. I think my favorite is that adorable scarecrow.
It begs to be colored, but it's just enough to keep you happy, not overpowering and super time consuming. I like using the Aqua Painter tool for this. You just press the closed ink pad to get some ink in the lid. It's quick and easy. Be sure to clean the brush between colors by stroking it on paper until it runs clean. Also, be sure to use the Basic Black Archival ink if you plan on using water.
There's also something about the Moroccan Designer Series Paper. I love everything about it. Some of the papers definitely scream fall to me. Fall is my favorite time of year. I'm really looking forward to some cooler temps. Here in NC, it looks like we will be out of the 90's next week!
- The card base is Cajun Craze cut 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2 and folded.
- I cut a piece of Very Vanilla 4 x 5 1/4. I cut the vanilla oval I would need later out of the center. I adhered the patterned paper to the rectangle left. No one will see the hole in the middle. This way, I can trim my paper so everything will be even. I can't do that if I put the paper directly on the card base. I try to measure acurately, but sometimes things are just a tiny bit off. My papers measure, 1 1/2, 1, and 1 3/4. They are all 5 1/4 inches long. I placed the two end pieces and then the middle piece on top. Before you adhere place your Thick Very Vanilla Twine around the center of the card. A bow was added later using a glue dot.
- The oval and the scalloped oval are cut using the Layered Ovals Framelits. I cut the scallop oval from Cajun Craze. I stamped the spots on the vanilla using Gorgeous Grunge and Cajun Craze ink. Adhere the two and then put it on dimensionals for the card.
- Stamp the scarecrow in archival black. Allow that to dry. I painted in the scarecrow using my Aqua Painter. Be careful not to get too much water. I used Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon, and Sahara Sand. Punch him out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. Adhere with dimensionals.
- The sentiment comes from the Crazy About You stamp set. There is no A. I simply stamped a word with an A in it and cut that out. These words also have dimensionals on the back.
I used two stamp sets for the inside of the card. The sentiment comes from Bunch of Blossoms and the plant is from A Gift from the Garden. I thought that went with the scarecrow.
It is a perfect day to be happy. Isn't every day? I just love that saying. Thanks for spending some of your day with me. I'm honored! My list of supplies follow. Need something?Product List