It has been a long hot summer. With Labor Day weekend, we start thinking about the end of summer and wondering if fall could be far behind. Here in NC, we would celebrate a little less humidity! I was so glad to see that the Acorny Thank You stamp set and the Acorn Builder punch were carried over to the annual catalog. I had put off buying them so they immediately went on my wish list. Finally, I have a chance to use them.
I love fall. It's my favorite season! I love a little breeze and the leaves softly cascading down.
- The car base is Pumpkin Pie cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded.
- The next layer is Soft Suede and measures 4 x 5 1/4. I stamped it in Early Espresso using the Hardwood Background stamp.
- Using the Vintage Leaves stamp set, I stamped leaves on patterned paper. I used paper from the Regals Designer Series Paper Stack, the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack, and the Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper. That last one is in the new Holiday catalog starting tomorrow! Cut out the leaves using the Leaflets Framelits that match Vintage Leaves.
- I added a strip of paper from the neutrals across the bottom. It measures 4 x 1 1/2.
- The acorn is stamped in Early Espresso on Soft Suede card stock and punched out with the Acorn Builder punch. Adhere with dimensionals. I did add Linen Thread behind the acorn.
- The sentiment is from Acorny Thank You and is punched out with the Classic Label punch. Use dimensionals to adhere.
For the inside of the card, I made another acorn just like the first. The sentiment is from the stamp set Floral Phrases.
I do like how this card turned out. It's always good to say thank you. I know I like that bit of recognition! Take a look at the supply list below. Remember that the Holiday catalog goes live tomorrow! Thanks for coming by!