Welcome to Part 2 of the August Color Fusers Blog Hop! We have some great samples for you today featuring Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, and Watermelon Wonder.
I'm using the stamp set Best Birds today along with the matching thinlits Birds & Blooms. I love this bundle! The silhouette of the birds, using the thinlits, is fantastic as you can see in an earlier post here. Today I'm stamping the bird first and then cutting it out. Here's the card.
So, here are the details for making this card. It comes together pretty easily.
- The card base is Thick Whisper White cut 4 1/2 x 11, scored at 5 1/2, and folded.
- I added a piece of Watermelon Wonder card stock down the center of the card. It measures 2 5/8 x 5 1/2. The patterned paper is from the A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper stack. It measures 2 1/2 x 5 1/2. I love the interest this adds to the card.
- I stamped the bird in Basic Black Archival ink on the Shimmery White card stock. This card stock has a great shimmer to it that shines right through the coloring added. It's great for water coloring. Cut out the bird with the thinlits.
- I stamped the tree branch in black on Whisper White card stock. It's important that you make sure you don't bend this stamp when placing it on the block because you'll be using the thinlits to cut it out.
- With your Aqua Painter, add Smoky Slate color to the branch and leaves. I just pressed the lid of my ink pad so that color is caught in the lid. I used that for my ink supply.
- The bird was colored using Smoky Slate and Watermelon Wonder ink. Press the pad again for color in the lid.
- Use the Layering Oval Framelits to cut a Whisper White oval. This makes the bird stand out a little more.
- After you adhere the oval, the branch is glued down along the lower edge. The bird is placed with dimensionals.
- I added five little flowers, punched out of Cherry Cobbler card stock, using the Tree Builder Punch. To add a little dimension to the flowers, place them on your pierce mat and press the center with the blunt end of your piercing tool. Add these using glue dots and then add a tiny pearl to the center of each.
- The sentiment is from the Best Birds stamp set and is stamped in Watermelon Wonder ink. Cut out the circle and a Smoky Slate frame using the Layering Circles Framelits. You might be thinking that you already have circles and ovals framelits and you don't need the new layering ones. I thought the same. But, trust me, you do need them. They are so cute together. Now that I have seen the light, I have them all!
The sentiment on the inside is from Best Birds. I just love a stamp set that lends itself to making the whole card, inside and out!
Thanks so much for joining me on the Color Fusers blog hop today. Don't stop now! Continue on your way. There are more great projects to see. If you need any of the supplies needed to make this card, my product list follows the list of blog hop participants. Have a wonderful day!
Jo Anne Hewins You are here.