Hi! Welcome to the August Color Fusers blog hop part 1. This month we are using Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, and Watermelon Wonder Didn't Paola have a great project? These colors look great!
My card for today show cases the new Thoughtful Branches stamp set and Beautiful Branches Thinlits. These are available during the month of August while supplies last. They can be purchased as a bundle, too! Here's my card.
I love this bundle! It's so fantastic! Don't you just love that flower! Here are the details on how to make it.
- The card base is Smoky Slate card stock cut 5 1/2 by 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4, and folded.
- There is a layer of Cherry Cobbler measuring 3 1/2 x 4 3/4.
- The patterned paper is from A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper stack. It's cut at 3 3/8 x 4 5/8.
- The sentiment is stamped on Whisper White in Cherry Cobbler ink and punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. The frame is punched with the 1 1/2" circle punch. Here's a hint. You can punch that circle from the center of the Cherry Cobbler layer you cut. It will be covered with the patterned paper. It's a little card stock saver!
- The stem is cut from Smoky Slate and sponged with Smoky Slate ink. I used a sponge dauber for this. I'm loving the matching thinlits in this bundle.
- Using Watermelon Wonder card stock, cut the flower out. Now stamp the flower on Cherry Cobbler in cobbler ink. I stamped once and then stamped randomly without reinking to add a little interest. Cut it out with the thinlits. Take both of the flowers and crumple them in your hand. This will add some dimension. I added clear Wink of Stella on the cobbler flower. Allow that to dry a little. I added the watermelon layer with glue dots. When you adhere that layer of the flower, don't press it down flat except where you have the glue dots. I used about 5 glue dots. Do the same with the cobber layer. When you adhere this one move it over so that the watermelon layer shows through.
Wow! Look at the Wink of Stella shine.
Here's the inside of the card. The sentiment is stamped in Cherry Cobbler and the leaves in Smoky Slate. Everything comes from Thoughtful Branches.
This card was pretty easy to make. It might be one of those cards you should give in person. It might not mail very well. The Thoughtful Branches bundle is fantastic. Did I already say that? Here's a picture of the bundle.
You can purchase the Thoughtful Branches bundle beginning August 2nd. It's in my list of supplies below the list of blog hop participants. Remember it's while supplies last. I wouldn't wait very long!
Melissa is next on the list. She is so creative. You don't want to miss it!