In the stamping world CASE means Copy and Share Everything. Today I am sharing a card inspired by the new 2106-2017 catalog. I'm sharing a picture taken of page 13 of the catalog.
Here is the card that I made. They are very similar, but I did some tweaking to make it my own.
- Start with a card base if Wisteria Wonder cut at 4 1/4 x 11 1/2, scored at 5 1/2, and folded.
- Stamp the cluster of flowers in Elegant Eggplant ink.
- The Whisper White layer is cut 4 inches square. I ran it through the Big Shot using the new Petal Burst Embossing Folder.
- Stamp the flower from Birthday Blossoms onto Elegant Eggplant card stock using the same color ink. You'll need to make two flowers. Punch these out with the Pansy punch. Now, here I must admit I am challenged when it comes to punching out these flowers. I have watched videos telling how to mark the stamp to match the punch. I am challenged. I just go around the flower with the punch until it seems to match. Sometimes, I have to trim the card stock to get the punch around. While a little frustrating, it eventually works. You might search for a video. Hopefully, it will work for you.
- I stamped the flower again on Daffodil Delight card stock using the Elegant Eggplant ink. Fussy cut the center out. Again, you'll need 2. Adhere these to the center of the flowers.
- Stamp the leaves twice on Old Olive card stock using the same ink. Fussy cut these, too.
- The stems are from Old Olive card stock cut in 1/8 in strips. I stamped them using the leaf stamp just to add a little interest to them.
- Assemble your flowers and glue them down. I attached the flower using glue dots in the center. Then pull your petals up a little.
- I glued the leaves in the center and arranged the stem down the center. I then put dimensionals under the leaves to make them stand up a little, too.
- The sentiment is from various phrases in the Sunshine Sayings stamp set. I stamped them on Wisteria Wonder in Elegant Eggplant ink and cut the words I needed apart with my paper snips. Just glue them on.
The inside uses the sentiment in Thankful Thoughts. I thought that it wasn't necessarily a thank you phrase and it works here. I finished with more of the clusters of flowers.
I love how this card turned out. We use Pinterest a lot to help us with ideas for cards. But don't forget that the Stampin' Up! catalog is also an excellent source of ideas. How many of you could sit for hours looking through that catalog. Just add a nice cup of coffee!
That's it for today. I do appreciate you taking a look at my blog today. A list of supplies follows. Order yours today! I hope to see you on Friday.