My upline Patty Bennett recently had a Facebook party for her Luv 2 Stamp group. I was the winner of the big prize for the day. Part of my prize was the Badges and Banners stamp set and the Best Badge punch that goes along with it! Don't we all just love that word free! Of course I had to play with it right away. I have a card for you and a couple more in posts to come. Here is the card for today.
I also had another set that hadn't seen any ink, so I decided to use Playful Backgrounds, too. Here's how I made it.
- I started with a card base of Basic Black.
- I used Rose Red card stock for the next layer cut at 4 x 5 1/4. On this layer, I stamped the open circles from Playful Backgrounds. Then I stamped the closed circles stamping off first. I did not try to line them up at all. I used Rose Red ink.
- The next Basic Black layer measures 3 x 4 1/4.
- I used Cucumber Crush for the next layer. It measures 2 7/8 x 4 1/8.
- The Whisper White layer is 2 4/3 x 4. On the white I stamped the open circles in Cucumber Crush. I stamped the closed circles stamping off first.
- I stamped the shield in Rose Red onto Whisper White and cut it out with my snips. I cut close to the stamped image. Then I punched the shield out of Basic Black using the Best Badge punch. I adhered the two together to give a framed look. The hello stamp is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink on white and punched out with the Duet Banner punch. The word sending comes from the stamp set Sunshine Sayings. I just cut around it.
- The green banner is made using the stripes stamp in Playful Backgrounds. I stamped the image in Cucumber Crush and then moved it down just a little and stamped again without reinking. I also used a strip of the Rose Red diagonal paper from the Regals Designer Series Paper stack and a part of a Delicate White Doily.
- I used the Solid Black Baker's Twine as an embellishment along with a few Rhinestones.
- The badge is adhered with dimensionals.
For the inside of the card, I stamped more of the circles from Playful Backgrounds. The sentiment is from the stamp set Acorny Thank You.
I am loving that Rose Red and Cucumber Crush together. Don't you? Thanks so much for dropping by today. Don't forget that Stampin' Up! is having Bonus Days. For every $50 you spend, you'll get a coupon for $5 to use in August. The coupon will be emailed to you. It's important that you keep up with your codes. Print your email and keep it in a safe place. My list of products used to make this card follow. See you Friday!