Welcome to another Color Fusers Blog Hop. This time we'll continue with using the colors Cucumber Crush, Flirty Flamingo, and Peekaboo Peach. I'm so glad you are going on the hop with us.
My card features the stamp set Touches of Texture. This set is new in the 2016-2017 Stampin' Up! catalog. It's the perfect set to add a little something interesting to a card, but it can also take the main stage.
This is a birthday card, but I believe that it could fit any occasion. Let me share with you how it is made.
- I used a card base of Soft Suede. It's cut the regular A2 size, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded.
- The Peekaboo Peach layer measures 4 x 5 1/4.
- The Whisper White layer is 3 3/4 x 5.
- I used the long, almost rectangular stamp along the bottom and right side of the card. I stamped off the Soft Suede before stamping on the card stock.
- I used the larger almost square sprinkles stamp down the middle of the card. I stamped off the Flirty Flamingo before stamping.
- I stamped the flower spray using Basic Black Archival ink. This was stamped twice. Allow to dry.
- A Blender Pen was used to color in the leaves and flowers. Cucumber Crush was used for the leaves. Peekaboo Peach was used for the flowers. I added a touch of the Soft Suede in the center of the flowers. The green covered the background pretty well. The peach also did well over the pink sprinkles.
- Down near the bottom I added part of a Delicate White Doily, a small strip of Flirty Flamingo card stock, and a strip of the Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper. This all covered the bottom of the stems of the flowers.
- As an added embellishment, a piece of the the new Burlap Ribbon was cut about 2 1/2 inches long. I pulled a few strings from another length of ribbon to use as ties. This was adhered using glue dots down near the base of the flowers.
- The sentiment is from the Birthday Blooms stamp set.
The sentiment on the inside of the card is also from Birthday Blooms. I also added another spray of flowers inside the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Next on the hop is Melissa. She has a great project to share with you. Use the list of names below to help you navigate. I'll have a list of supplies below. I hope you'll drop by again on Wednesday.