Over at SU- Only Challenges, they are all about weddings this week. It is June now. Check them out here. I thought I would play along. Here's the wedding card that I made.
I must be addicted to the new Swirly Birds set. Here it is again! Here is how the card is made.
- The card base uses Dapper Denim. It's one of the new in colors for 2016-2018! I'm loving it!
- Next is a layer of Whisper White cut 4 x 5 1/4.
- I'm thinking silver for a wedding. I used the Swirly Birds stamp. Rub your card stock with the embossing buddy. I stamped in Versamark, added silver embossing powder, and heated with my heat tool.
- I added a piece of silver diagonal stripe using the Neutrals Designer Series Paper stack to the bottom of the layer. It measures 2 1/4 x 4.
- Cut a piece of Silver Foil 3/4 by 4. Embossing this using the Elegant Dots embossing folder. Adhere at the seam.
- For my sentiments, I used the stamp set Rose Wonder, inside and out. Both sentiments are embossed in silver. For the front of the card, I stamped on Whisper White and punched it out with the 2 inch circle punch.
- The circle needed a color behind to anchor it so I added a circle of Dapper Denim. I used the retired Circles Collection Framelits for this. My new Layering Circles Framelits are ordered and on their way, but until then I must make do, right?
- The flowers are punched from Dapper Denim using the Petite Petals punch and then sponged with the Denim ink.
- I used the Festive Flower Builder punch for the leaves. I punched them out of Old Olive card stock. I went back to the Swirly Bird stamp set for the veins in the leaves, stamped in Old Olive and sponged in the same color. They'll punch out hooked together. Just cut them apart.
Here's the inside of the card. As I mentioned above, it's also embossed in silver. I added another flower. I put the tinier pearls on the inside of the card to keep it from being so bulky. I decided that I like that look. So I made another card.