Tamra Davis and her TaDas put on a great Quarterly for the NC Demo group in Matthews, NC this past weekend. Let me just say that IF you live in North Carolina and IF you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, you MUST join our group. We are growing all the time. Just do a search on Facebook for the NC Stampin' Up! Demos. It's a closed group and you must qualify using both of my IF's above. Send me a comment if you are interested. This weekend the TaDas played host to 75 of us!
I don't know of many states that have groups like ours. Our group is very active. I've made a lot of friends in this group. I'll just finish by saying that this group is a state treasure!
I took part in the swap offered using mostly products from the new Occasions catalog. Here is the card I made.
Last week, I shared a card using the Special Reason stamp set and the Stylish Stems Framelits here. I love this bundle! You can purchase the bundle and save 10%. Let me just say, you probably don't just want this, you need it. Here are the details for the card.
- Start with a card base of Basic Gray. This one measures 4 1/4 x 11, score at 5 1/2 and fold.
- The next layer is Mint Macaron. It measures 3 7/8 x 5 1/8.
- Then, there is a layer of Very Vanilla cut at 3 3/4 x 5.
- Use the Stylish Stems Framelits to cut out the large flower, 2 smaller flowers, and the stem. I ran this through the Big Shot twice. The first time, I cut the large flower and 1 smaller. The second time, cut the other smaller flower and the stem.
- Run the vanilla paper through the Big Shot again with the new Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It really looks cool!
- Use the Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper behind the cut outs before you adhere the vanilla paper.
The little labels in the lower corner are part of the bundle. Use the framelits to cut Basic Gray and Very Vanilla. Stamp a leaf in Mint Macaron and the sentiment in Basic Gray. This is the Special Reason stamp set.
The inside of the card has a sentiment from the Window Shopping stamp set. It's stamped in Basic Gray. More leaves are added in Mint Macaron. What friend wouldn't love getting this card from you!
It was so fun to share a day with some of my friends who are also part of my Luv 2 Create team. Here they are: Twila, me, Kaye, and Martha!
Thanks again to Tamra and the TaDas. We are looking forward to the next one in May! My product list follows. Remember, you need that bundle!